To set up a People's Choice contest for your pageant, follow these steps. Most contests can be set up within 16 minutes.
Go to your Dashboard. If you're not taken to your Dashboard immediately after signing in, click this icon in the top right corner and select "My Dashboard" from the drop down menu.
2. Click "Manage" on the pageant you want to host the People's Choice.
Please note: your Dashboard view must be set to "Pageant".
3. Click on the event that you want to host the People's Choice Awards on. Do not activate a People's Choice on an event from a previous year. If you don't see the current year you will need to click "Add Event" and add it.
4. Click on "People's Choice Awards"
5. Click "Manage People's Choice"
6. Fill out the information for your People's Choice contest. Here are the settings that we suggest you enable to maximize your profitability. Directors who do not select "Hide Votes" raise on average 57% more than those who do.
7. If you want to assign one winner for all age groups then select "One Winner - All Age Groups".
8. Click "Save" to active your contest.
9. Next you will be redirected to add contestants to your contest. Click "Select Age Division" to begin. For in depth help on adding contestants, please visit this Personal Assistant article.
Please note that finding contestants in our database is BETTER for your contest because those contestants are notified each time someone votes for them! Contestants that you have to add to the database are not notified that someone has voted for them unless they claim their profile.
If your People's Choice contest is not showing up then one of three things isn't complete:
- You have not added the date of your event.
- The date of your event is set to end before your People's Choice contest.
- The year of your event has already past.
If you're using the Event Manager feature that comes free with your People's Choice contest, click here for instructions on how to create a Contestant To-Do Item.
Editing Contestants After You Set Up Your People's Choice
You can edit everything about your contestants after set up, except their name.
For contestants in the wrong division, click the delete icon to remove a contestant. Then re-add them in the correct division by clicking "Add Contestant"
For contestants with the wrong photo, click the edit icon to reupload the correct photo to that contestant.
For contestants with the wrong title, click the edit icon to add the correct title.
For contestants with incorrect or misspelled names, DO NOT add another profile. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to change the name.