There is no set up fee to host a People's Choice or voting contest on Pageant Planet if you follow this step by step guide to set it up.
Pageant Planet charges 25% of your gross earnings but we give you that money back in the form of lead credits. (Click here to read more about lead credits).
Here's what that fee covers:
- Transaction fees. PayPal charges 2.59% + $0.49. This translates to PayPal charging you $0.52 for every $1 vote! If you're using Square, they charge 2.9% + $0.30 for every transaction, which translates to $0.33 or 33% for every $1 vote.
- Software. Our gamification features allow you to earn an average net-profit of $123.40 per contestant.
- Customer Support. We are here to help your participants so you can focus on all the other issues that come up during pageant week!
- Third party protection. Parents cannot accuse you of rigging a contest that isn't being hosted on a platform that you own.
- Chargeback protection. If a buyer complains to their credit card company after your contest that someone "stole" their credit card then we, not you, take on that risk.
- Time. You don't have to manually count votes at the end of your contest. Our system automatically adds votes, determines winners, emails your contestants when they receive votes, reminders voters when the contest is ending and so much more.
To date, we have never had a pageant earn a higher net profit on their own.